The Electronic Shelf Label System is an electronic display device that can be placed on the shelf and can replace traditional paper price tags. Each electronic shelf label is connected to the computer database of the shopping mall through a wired or wireless network, and the latest commodity prices are displayed on the screen of the electronic shelf label. In fact, the electronic shelf label succeeds in incorporating the shelf into the computer program, getting rid of changing the price label by hand, and achieving the price consistency between the cash register and the shelf.
The Electronic shelf label reference scheme is based on MindMotion’s MM32F0130 microcontroller and its system architecture is seen below:
- MM32F0130, as the main control, receives RF signals or data from Bluetooth module, establishes contact with the upper computer and executes according to the instructions of the upper computer, such as storing the display data, or updating the display content of the e-paper, etc.
- The main storage device is SPI Flash, which can store large amounts of display content
- Display is achieved via e-paper which only consumes electricity when it is updated
- The system wakes up only when communicating and updating data, and then enters an ultra-low-power standby mode
MM32 MCU Model：
This device is a 32-bit microcontroller based on the high-performance ARM® Cortex®-M0 core, operating at a frequency of up to 72MHz, with built-in high-speed memory, an extensive range of enhanced I/O ports and peripherals.
- 64KB Flash, 16KB RAM
- One 12-bit ADC and two comparators
- One 16-bit general-purpose timer, one 32-bit general-purpose timer, three 16-bit basic timers and one 16-bit advanced timer
- Two I2C interfaces, two SPI interfaces and two UART interfaces
- One USB interface
- One CAN interface
- Working voltage: 2.0V~5.5V
- Working temperature range (ambient temperature): -40℃ to +85℃ industrial type and -40℃ to +105℃ extendable industrial type (V is the suffix)
- Multiple sets of power-saving modes make possible the design of low-power applications
- Provide five package types: LQFP64, LQFP48, LQFP32, QFN32 and QFN28
- Backstage management supports the real-time online monitoring of the equipment’s running state
- Low-power standby mode supports the entry of the low-power mode after the update is completed
- The wireless module sends the content of the updated data
- Keep the screen displayed after power failure